|Welcome Guest, Current Server Time is 01-19-2020 00:51 AM | Submit News||
Past News Articles
|Welcome to FurrTrax?
FurrTrax is the Fastest Growing new Furry Social Network that is completely free to use, and most importantly, We are non-profit, owned and run by Furrys, for Furrys.
We are not a pay site, and we do not require subscriptions or any of that stuff.
Enter Live Chatroom as Guest!
|Spotlight: HoliDays Greetings|
Posted by: Kovu at 12-17-2018 12:54 PM
|All of us on the FurrTrax team would like to wish everyone a Happy HoliDays and a Happy New Years. and we hope that your HoliDays feel good and you enjoy all website and it treats you well. From the FurrTrax team.
|1 Comments to this article | 1321 Views
|Spotlight: Happy Independence Day Everyone!|
Posted by: DarkXander at 07-04-2018 13:28 PM
|Today is the day that the fires of freedom burn brightest in the hearts of American Patriots, Whatever you do today, be sure to take pride in it, and remember how lucky we are to be given the freedom we enjoy so much, and how we got it!
|0 Comments to this article | 1495 Views
|More stupidity from H Wolf, and false allegations.|
Posted by: DarkXander at 05-26-2018 22:42 PM
|Some of you may have seen some of the somewhat misguided posts by a user known as Wolf, or H Wolf, etc.
He alleged that Pounced is under some kind of investigation for child related offenses, and then alleged that their owner or another staff member was also a moderator on this site, in an attempt to frighten users of this site, as retribution for posting all his harrassing E-Mails towards us publicly.
1. None of the staff of Pounced are, or have ever been involved in admin functions or moderation of furrtrax.
2. Whether they are actually under some mysterious investigation or not is not known to us, and is likely also hot air from him.
3. In yet another E-Mail to me, he seems to insinuate or lightly threaten that the FBI will be reaching out to me, well, I work with them periodically, they have my number, and i have theirs, just talked to them 2 weeks ago. I have even worked with law enforcement several times when incidents of sexual harassment had occurred on the site and provided pertinent information as was necessary. Our track record is spotless.
Now might i direct to wolfs latest E-Mail:
If your ever in Arizona send me an E-Mail, ill stand up to ya if you really want it.
But only because you asked nicely
Owner of FurrTrax Social Networks
On 2018-05-18 16:21, H. Wolf wrote:
I see you aren't an adult.
So, since you are but a child, let's go outside and I'll just put you
in your place that way.
Are you man enough?
No? Just going to hide behind your keyboard eh?
Tell the FBI I said hello
Back to me again:
At this point im becoming annoyed with this H. Wolf internet tough guy, So on tuesday after the holiday im going to reach out to my own FBI contact, and put all his emails, and the details of this exchange on record, so if he continues to place threats, and harass us, the joke will eventually be on him.
|2 Comments to this article | 1521 Views
|Spotlight: Continued slurs and veiled threats against us!|
Posted by: DarkXander at 05-16-2018 01:21 AM
|E-Mail was too long to effectively screenshot so im pasting it.
The top section is my reply to him.
1. Saying that we are America First is a slur, Whether you dis-agree or not with that, i dont care. We have members from all around the world, every continent, and they all get along peacefully here other than the occasional spat between peeps.
2. "Assuming you are like other people around me???" Not even sure what your onto there other than perhaps again saying something about Americans.
3. You had the chance to reply courteously and professionally and chose not to, thus you lost my respect. Shock E-Mails don't work on us.
4. You are a resident of La Paz, Mexico, I knew that when i first observed your account.
5. Here again you slur about "gosh, I just realized, are ALL Americans immature trolls?" This is the land of the free, and home of the brave, if you don't like it too bad, I have not discriminated against you, but you have against us.
6. FurrTrax DOES NOT have customers, FurrTrax is a not-for-profit group, we do not charge for ANYTHING! We accept donations if people are willing, we ARE NOT in business. So feel free to threaten to start a competing site, many have and we are still here, and as we do not sell anything, any competition you might someday provide is meaningless to us.
7. Again we are not a business, I am a cyber-security engineer(Certified CCNA, CISSP, Computer Forensics, and Ethical Hacking), and law enforcement contractor day job wise, i make all the money I need, thus i don't need to charge for anything on FurrTrax, it is a community service project, free for everyone.
8. Your better off antagonizing furrymate/bronymate/furfling/others... They are all the same company/guy living in his basement who has also passed threats to us, and even tried to pay us to advertise his site on ours, to which we declined, since we really don't need the money nor would we be connected to their scammy organization in any way. We helped expose their use of fake bot accounts to trick people into paying for accounts as well.
9. As to your disclosure segment, threatening to start your own site essentially, go ahead, do it, wont affect us in the slightest.
10. As for expecting an apology from me, after all you have said, you will be waiting for quite some time, because i have nothing to apologize for.
Owner of FurrTrax Social Networks
On 2018-05-15 12:01, H. Wolf wrote:
I assume I can speak to you as an adult. Please correct me if I am
wrong and I will address the matter in a more appropriate manner
conducive to your understanding, as you obviously have made gross
assumptions which are surprising to me in their lack of support from
First, I don't have a clue what you mean by slurs, other than possibly
you made a rash assumption based on your own personal experiences and
perspective. I made no insult towards you and nothing was intended to
be implied. Your assumptions about the nature of my humorous comments
about the site's accessibility were grossly misunderstood, likely as a
result of your assuming that I am like other people around you.
Sorry, but I am not an immature furry troll who goes around insulting
people for personal pleasure or out of boredom.3
I am not a resident of your country, something you COULD have and
SHOULD have assumed based on my statements. And as I am not an
American (gosh, I just realized, are ALL Americans immature trolls?) I
am not privy to your perspective, nor do I share it. But as the owner
and operator of a website, I made what should have been a reasonable
assumption, that rather than making rash assumptions that your
customers are all immature furry trolls, you would ask questions as
any business professional would, rather than just assuming the worst
(whatever that worst is, and that is apparently that I'm just another
immature furry troll.)
Having seen your response and perusing the site further, I am met with
a logical explanation for your assumptions: that you are in fact
surrounded by nothing but immature furry trolls, relatively speaking.
(By the way, you do not use an apostrophe to pluralize anything except
all-capitalized abbreviation, so it's not "Story's" it's "Stories" and
it's also "ABC's" although the apostrophe isn't actually necessary as
long as it is lower case according to common use...and in case you
should decide to assume yet again, I am in fact well educated
including in the English language.)
So, I would request an apology from you for your assumptions. I would
also suggest you consider being a bit more curious and concerned when
dealing with customers, because you never know what kind of influence
your customers might have, and what kinds of platforms they have to
wield that influence.
I await your apology. My platforms await my efforts (including
screenshots!) to influence people's decisions on what furry personals'
website to use and which ones not to use because they are run by
pedophiles (Pounced.org), corporate thugs (FurryMate, etc.) or
immature furry trolls...
PS: A little disclosure if it helps: I am attempting to buy or start
a furry personals' ads website because none of the sites I have seen
thus far serve the needs of single furries. In that regard, thank you
kindly for helping me understand why they don't serve the needs of
single furries by further demonstrating that all those sites just
appeal to...immature furry trolls.
|1 Comments to this article | 1240 Views
|Spotlight: FurrTrax getting a new Server.|
Posted by: DarkXander at 01-04-2018 19:09 PM
|FurrTrax will soon be moving up to a Dell R720XD, Google Edition G100 Server.
2 x Xeon E5-2640 Six Core CPUs
192 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
2 x 750W Power Supplies
PERC H710P Raid Controller
26 x 2.5 inch Hard Disk Bays
IDRAC 7 Controller
Quad Port Gigabit Networking Daughter Board
The system was purchased for $670 USD through a connection i have, if anyone is feeling generous, donations would help offset the costs and would be most appreciated. We have only received ~$5.00 in donations in the last few months.
|0 Comments to this article | 1647 Views
|DarkXander is now a CISSP|
Posted by: DarkXander at 11-15-2017 09:02 AM
|For those who are into technology, cyber-security, networking, or other computer related fields, I thought i would drop a note, that i passed the CISSP recently. One of the more challenging tests i've taken, only studied for an hour or so before hand. For those un-familiar with this, the acronym stands for:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional, this makes my 29th certification. Other key certs i hold are Certified Vulnerability Assessor, Secure Coding & Programming, Web Application Penetration Testing, CCNA Routing & Security, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+ just to name a few.
|3 Comments to this article | 1590 Views
|PSA: Authentication Upgrades|
Posted by: DarkXander at 03-19-2017 16:26 PM
|Today furrtrax was updated to use strictly SHA256 in authentication and password handling, and all use of the older SHA1 has been removed from the source code. Please report any login issues.
|0 Comments to this article | 3268 Views
|FurrTrax has migrated to MariaDB|
Posted by: DarkXander at 01-16-2017 14:46 PM
|For anyone who witnessed the small 2 minute outage a short time ago, it wasnt a malfunction. It was me shutting down the old MySQL DB system and switching FurrTrax to instead connect to the new MariaDB Server. Thus far mariadb has proven to be more robust, and efficient, we have actually seen a 20% increase in site performance since the change.
|4 Comments to this article | 3830 Views
|Site Downtime Today|
Posted by: DarkXander at 01-09-2017 20:35 PM
|Sorry Guys, Today our Ubuntu MySQL core decided it wanted to do some updates, so i allowed it to do them, only to find out(to my horror), that the ubuntu repository was having some kind of issue, and a couple of the updates blew the server sky high. Upon rescue install it still failed.
So i ended up having to reinstall the MySQL system which is a seperate Virtual Machine inside our cluster, which is why the site appeared online, but with all the information missing. We can thank the Ubuntu gods for this....
No data was lost as i rolled backups right before doing the updates. So right down to the minute it went down, we didnt loose a thing.
|1 Comments to this article | 3475 Views
|Intermittently getting login pages|
Posted by: DarkXander at 12-19-2016 15:11 PM
|For those intermittently getting login pages for no reason, its due to a very large DDoS that is on a neighboring network to ours hitting someone else, and were intermittently getting some of the blow back from it. its already being mitigated according to the DC staff, but it isnt hitting us, just causing some congestion at a common routing point.
|0 Comments to this article | 3219 Views
|View More Updates
|Victor: just joined FurrTrax via Mobile.||5.9h|
|Spots: is now Single and Looking.||1d|
|Solace: Uploaded a New Avatar.||2.8d|
|codyfoxy: just joined FurrTrax via Web.||3.2d|
|Solace: just joined FurrTrax via Web.||3.3d|
|jhondoe: editted their Profile.||3.7d|
|jhondoe: is now Single and Looking.||3.7d|
|tay: just joined FurrTrax via Mobile.||5d|
|Marleth: just joined FurrTrax via Mobile.||5.2d|